Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Monday, 25 March 2013

This should melt the snow!

I always like to make a humorous card for this particular friend and am disappointed I couldn't see him open it today as planned. He and his wife should have been lunching with us before going to Mary's centenary dance, but the snow in their area (an hour's drive from here) was much worse than we have and they decided it would be silly to travel, so the card is in the mail and I hope it will arrive on Tuesday. Illustration by Art Impression, words by Unknown as it's a polymer stamp and I no longer have the original packaging. Inside is another stamp which says 'You're much too young to be that old' which is entirely appropriate for the man concerned - he's now 84 and looks about 50. It's quite obvious just from looking at both Terry and Mary that dancing keeps you young!

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I am sure he'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I love the little sentiment and I'm sure he did too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card and will bring smiles all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona, I feel like I haven't visited you for ages! Thats a really lovely card, love the verse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.